Design Release Engineer - Thermal
Design & Release Engineer – Thermal
Bollinger Motors is looking for a full-time Engineer to work as a Design & Release Engineer for thermal devices on the Bollinger B4 program. In this role, you will work with the thermal engineering team to specify, design, and validate devices including pumps, heat exchangers, valves, and fluid routings. This position reports to the Vehicle Integration Manager and is an in-person role at the company’s Oak Park, MI headquarters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead component requirements, design/selection, and validation plan for various thermal devices including pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, valves, and fluid routings.
- Assist in vehicle-level thermal modelling and simulation.
- Work with the Battery, Harnessing/EDS, Controls, and Chassis teams to define integration strategy, requirements, and validation plan of above devices in the respective systems.
- Create necessary supporting documentation relating to and including DFMEA, PFMEA, and DVP.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that component specifications and timing expectations are met.
- Support hands-on integration, testing, and troubleshooting of above devices on test benches and prototype vehicles.
- Identify and execute design and process improvements based on previous build and test data.
For Immediate Consideration please send resume to Robin Lenhart, firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of OEM or Tier 1 experience on HEV, PHEV, or BEV platforms
- Experience with thermal component specification, design, and validation
- Experience working in structured engineering process including definition of requirements and objective function, concept creation, market analysis for components, analyzing options, and making final engineering decisions.
- Self-starting and ready to work with a small team in a fast-paced startup environment.