Systems Engineer - HV/LV
Location : Oak Park, MI
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We have a great client who is looking for a Systems Engineer – High Voltage/Low Voltage in Oak Park, MI!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Familiarity with High Voltage EE system development and vehicle integration.
- Support definition of architectures, requirements, design/selection, and validation plans for various high- and low-voltage electrical systems and components including controllers, power distribution units, power converters, and harnesses.
- Work cross-functionally with the Thermal, Controls, Body, and Chassis teams to define integration strategy, requirements, and validation plan of above devices in the respective systems.
- Develop necessary engineering interface documentation (including device transmittals, BOMs and harness schematics) and PLM documentation (including DFMEA, PFMEA, and DVP).
- Lead the Design and Release process of high voltage and low voltage electrical system and related components
- Work with suppliers to ensure that electrical component specifications, design quality and timing expectations are met.
- Support hands-on integration, testing, and troubleshooting of above devices on test benches and prototype vehicles.
- Regular and proactive communication to management of project issues, delays, risks with potential solutions and needed resources.
- Ensure process improvements based on previous build and test data are identified and executed.
Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering – Master’s Degree considered a plus.
- 1-5 years of OEM or Tier 1 experience, preferably on HEV, PHEV, or BEV platforms.
- Ability to lead design and release application work for electrical systems.
- Experience working in structured engineering process including definition of requirements and objective function, concept creation, market analysis for components, analyzing options, and making final engineering decisions.
- Ability to work in a shop environment when needed to support physical test bench and vehicle builds.
- Self-starting and ready to work with a small team in a fast-paced startup environment.
Required Qualifications :