We have a great client who is looking for a Process Engineer in Saint Clair, MI!
Under the direction of the engineering manager, the Process Engineer will provide technical processing expertise to all applicable areas of the division. This position is responsible for driving process standards in the plant.
- Assists in developing material handling logistics (i.e. - Aisle layout, bin placement, dunnage assists, etc.)
- Reviews, monitors and co-ordinates tooling design, build, approval process and capital budgets
- Supervises equipment relocation and installation to MEVS
- Assists in setting up preventative maintenance program and spare parts for new equipment
- Assists in resolving quality, operational, production and maintenance concerns
- Reviews, co-ordinates and implements all customer approved engineering changes, including part level communication updates, physical part update, process sheet update, physical tooling change, etc
- Knowledge of weld standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of AWS and RWMA standards.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least a 2-year degree from an accredited technical college or post-secondary school with emphasis on Robotics.
- Fanuc DCS Certification
- 5+ years’ experience with processing and PLC control systems in a welding process environment, preferably in an industrial automotive setting
- Experience with AutoCAD, CAD viewer programs
- Familiar with Advanced Product Quality Planning methods
- Familiarity with Engineering and Quality practices and procedures including PPAP, blueprint reading, GD&T, use of measuring instruments, checking aids/fixtures, mechanical testing, etc
- Experience/knowledge in robotic programming for welding processes (Fanuc programming an asset)