We have a great client who is looking for a Cost Accountant in Saint Clair, MI!
The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Revise the reserve for obsolete inventory as needed
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on margins
- Report on periodic variances and their causes
- Analyze capital spending vs budgeted spending
- Tool Cost Tracking
- Month-end and year-end close activities for the plant
- Develop annual material, labor and burden standards
- Inventory valuation and reconciliation including perpetual, WIP, in transit, capitalized variance and excess & obsolete inventory reserves.
- Standard cost development and maintenance, including cost rolls, review BOM, routings & Purchase Order history.
- Support budgeting and forecasting process for cost of sales. Prepare or support preparation of all required analysis as directed to meet dictated schedule timelines.
- Ensures that proper internal controls are established and maintained.
- Applies accounting expertise to ensure financial records & statements are in accordance with GAAP
- Ability to work effectively within team environment
- Sales/Billing/Receivables process
- General ledger, receivables, payables reporting process
- Month end close process